Followers

Friday, March 24, 2023

Historic Tulare lake reappears after 130 years

 Once the largest lake west of the Mississippi. Then gone.

Not anymore.

Never. Never, build homes in a dry lake or river bottom. One day, you'll wish you hadn't.

Tulare lake is back. Wow. That is just awesome. Something that was being sucked dry since before the gold rush of 1849. By 1900, it no longer existed. A distant memory, lasting thousands of years and then erased. Dams and reservoirs took over the watering needs of the state - until the state started dumping water in the late 1980s for bs EPA cover scams. 

Muroc dry lake. China lake. Even the Salton sea is rising once again, instead of shrinking with each passing year. Lots of restoration things to do. All the lakes are growing by the feet. And because the stinkers are likely to dump it all...I guess rather unfortunately, they'll just have to be hanged. Spiritually speaking, of course.

This is far from over. We are in the middle of it all. Something about spring showers bring May flowers might be just slightly disingenuous. Everyone says the desert blooms this year are going to be the best ever on record. I've seen some amazing desert blooms...endless color to the distance, but this should be a treat.

Remember me? Your great great grandparents would. And my waters have nowhere to go.

I'm back and here to stay.

And I grow with every bit of rainfall now. The water table is full and finally, I have returned to my ancestral home of the waters of the valley - San Juaquin.