Followers

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Arise, O sleeping child

I awoke in my truck, after meeting Him again, with this stuck in my head. I wrote it down. The pentameter is trite and silly, but I'm not gifted with the form and function of poetry.

 

Arise, O sleeping child


Don Bradley 9-8-06


Arise, O sleeping child, awaken from your slumber;

For you are being deceived, by an infinite number.


They that surround you, do so with hate;

and measure the world by its very weight.


All that they are, and do, and will be,

is surrounded by a darkness, a blackness, that's great.


So I call you, I make you,

with Fire from above;

to teach you, to reach you, to save you with Love.


And the moons shall pass,

and the seasons, too;

in silence, in patience, this awakening for you.


Remember! Remember! Remember!


Who that you are.


A star from the Great Father,

That's who you are!


I AM your Christ, Your Yeshua,

and such as you are,

awaken, my child

and see your own star.


---------

Some things just change you forever.