Followers

Friday, July 9, 2021

The Cross and the Star

Interestingly, the cross is anchored on an island (channel islands of Pierpont Bay), an earthly anchoring of spirit in matter. But the star is in the sky, a metaphor of above the firmament. It's the little cool things like that, that just make me smile all the live long day.

The Cross and the Star


Don Bradley


In 2009 I stumbled upon this tiny art gallery while out and about with Matthew and taking in the summer air by the ocean. I was led to a box, where this series of panels were stacked. So, I started poking around in the box and found a group of ceramic panels.

I glanced at it. Something about it. Buy it. It's important. So I did. I liked the surfer (seemed familiar to me, who could that be I wonder) standing at summer beach in Ventura looking up to heaven and the great sea beyond.

Later, when relaxing, and assembling the thing into the panel it was designed to become, I was amazed at what was in front of me. A hill with a cross on it was in the clouds; further up the hill, was a pentacle or five pointed star, with the point toward heaven, the meaning of LIFE. That thrilled me to no end. This was a personal mystery of which I had sought answers for my whole life, but only found lies and half truths.

It would take another decade to truly understand the beginnings of the meaning of that. The shorthand of which is, 


The Path of Christ leads to His Glory.


 

The altar of Remembrance. Mementos from every time and place, where Our Heavenly Father performed a miracle through Yeshua on our behalf. It represents 2 decades of Honoring His Grace.

The Star and the Cross (my brush skills are atrocious)

 

 

My right hand. The largest five pointed star to exist on a hand in modern times, it is said.